SAED (Defibrillation) Certificate
· Be a minimum of 18 years of age on the date of examination.
· Hold a current Advanced Resuscitation Certificate and First Aid Certificate
· Silver Medallion (Life Support) is strongly recommended
Perform effective resuscitation and early defibrillation techniques.
· Perform basic and advanced life support skills including one man and two man CPR and air bag resuscitatio.
· Knowledge of emergency care and the importance of early defibrillation.
· Knowledge of safety considerations in the use of semi-automatic external defibrillators (SAED).
· Competency in the use of SAEDs.
· Satisfy the majority of the Examiners in respect to their competence in all learning outcomes by -
- Written/oral examination.
- Basic Skill Performance.
- Rescue Scenario simulation.
· For this award to remain current candidates are required to perform an annual proficiency test.